Introduce yourself

Thanks to you all for your advice,I’ve signed up for Chimera.
Also I liked the look of that zombieLARP so I signed up for that too~
It seems like a lot of hard work goes into organising these events…I would have never have thought so, up until now.

@TimeTraveller
This game looks interesting.
I’m deffinately keen to come along and give crewing a try~

Some ambitious events take a huge amount of work, but it’s also possible to run a good game with hardly any preparation or budget, especially if you use a pre-written scenario and don’t worry so much about costume or venue.

Of course if you use a pre-written scenario then someone has put a lot of effort in, just not you. :wink:

More practically speaking, I’d recommend to all new larpers that if you try a game and it isn’t your thing, don’t give up: try a couple of others.

Larp is very diverse, just like you can enjoy one book or movie but not others you may have specific tastes in larp and just don’t know it yet.

This is something that Chimera is really excellent for, it’s a smorgasbord of larp varieties. But even Chimera won’t introduce you to the intense experience of staying in the same character for a weekend-long event, which for a lot of people is the biggest high.

[quote=“Equinox”]Good evening~

I thought it would be best if I introduced myself before posting anywhere else, so here I go.
My name is Rosie, I’m currently a student in Auckland…[stuff cut out so as not to take up too much space with the quote]…I look forward to meeting you all at future events~[/quote]

May I be the first to point you in the direction of “our little secret” on the auckland thread. Not only a good way to meet some auckland people but it helps the community by raising money for another game that is running in auckland. Plus its a pre writtem game in modernday auckland…so theres very little to grasp before hand and costuming should be a snap (on the assumption you wear clothing on a day to day basis)

[quote=“Ryan Paddy”]More practically speaking, I’d recommend to all new larpers that if you try a game and it isn’t your thing, don’t give up: try a couple of others.

Larp is very diverse, just like you can enjoy one book or movie but not others you may have specific tastes in larp and just don’t know it yet.
[/quote]

At the moment I think I’m leaning towards sci-fi, horror themed larps as i’m familure with those themes.
In the future I’m sure I’ll be open to all sorts of larps, and push myself to try something different, I enjoy a challenge.

You’ve certainly caught my attention. I’d love to go.

ZOMBIE LARP IS GOING TO ROCK !!! lol im looking for a link for my character to another character so if your intrested :slight_smile:

ps: im a newbie to kinda olny done a few games but im fully hooked these a the coolest cats around

Well… Our names are Amy and Sonia we both live in Papakura, Auckland and weve grown up here since babys… Amy well she works at kmart and bummer she works saturdays :frowning:… Amy stays just a st away from me, We met flatting me and my husband appied for there add and weve became good friends since then… We drink most weekends and if amy isnt at work or home shes normally at mines we do most out going stuff together… She stays with another friend and a couple who board with her… And shes 19…
I stay home and Look afta my niece whos in my care has been since she was 2months old and she just turned 4… Im married have been for 3 years now and im 22… Were looking foward to attending on sunday and trying it out should be good…

Ohhello. <:

I’m a LARPing noob. A cosplayer and an admin on the cosplay new zealand forum. I love making costumes and though I haven’t done it in a long time, roleplaying. Looking forward to hopefully playing Toenn, it has taken over my mind. D:

Currently making my first chainmail garment for a cosplay and I can’t wait to see if anything I’m doing at the moment can be bought over for my character. :stuck_out_tongue: So yes. Funtimes all around. My geekeryfoo is growing and we’re all one big family.

Welcome, Duckeh, good to have you join us! I look forward to meeting you at Teonn :slight_smile:

[quote=“Duckeh”]Ohhello. <:

I’m a LARPing noob. A cosplayer and an admin on the cosplay new zealand forum. I love making costumes and though I haven’t done it in a long time, roleplaying. Looking forward to hopefully playing Toenn, it has taken over my mind. D:

Currently making my first chainmail garment for a cosplay and I can’t wait to see if anything I’m doing at the moment can be bought over for my character. :stuck_out_tongue: So yes. Funtimes all around. My geekeryfoo is growing and we’re all one big family.[/quote]

G’day Duckeh, I know a couple of your cosplayers (Neimhaille and Angela) through the SCA.

It’ll be good to see you along because as we all know, cosplayers always have the best costumes :smiley:

@Anna k- Thank you for the welcome. So excited!

@Derek- Those two are amazing, honestly. I’m also very interested in the SCA, but one thing at a time. I wish that were true, but I may have to live that one down. D:

[quote=“Duckeh”]Ohhello. <:

Currently making my first chainmail garment for a cosplay and I can’t wait to see if anything I’m doing at the moment can be bought over for my character. :stuck_out_tongue: So yes. Funtimes all around. My geekeryfoo is growing and we’re all one big family.[/quote]

Hi Duckeh and welcome again.

Chainmail you say? A warriors garb. Well might I draw your interest to the Grey Cloaks, a small company of Mercenaries forming for Teonn… we can certainly help you out with the more martial aspects of fantasy larp. So that you’re armed and armoured.

You don’t happen to want give larping a go this weekend, would you? We still have space at Chimera :smiley:

Figure I’ll post my introduction now, after Duckeh posted hers.

Hurr, anyway, hullo guys. My name’s Jugular. I’m Duckeh’s boyfriend and I think I’m probably about as keen for Teonn as she is right nowww.

I’ve played a lot of roleplaying games before but nothing that’s called for anyone to beat my ass down with foam weapons, so hopefully this will be a nice change. Also kind of looking forward to trying to stay in character all day (IF THAT’S WHAT YOU PEOPLE DO GOD I DON’T KNOW).

Er, anyway, I’ve never really had any experience with costuming. All I really know is that Duckeh hates it and hates doing it and spends huge amounts of time torturing herself with tiny metal rings. Ready to learn, though!

@Jared- I’ll definitely look into it once I have a clear idea of what on earth I’m doing and what that would entail. More research needed!
@Anna- I wish I could, but I don’t think I have the time. Much luck on filling the places.
@Jugular- I have no idea who you are.

@Duckeh Don’t make me post those pictures of us at K&K’s.

@Jugular- Hngh, fine.
To clarify, he really isn’t some creep. >: Badly placed joke.

hey all,

guess this is the place for an intro! i’m berit, i’m an american (from mostly minnesota, but also wisconsin, virginia, and nebraska) but have been living in nz for about 3.5 years now w/ my kiwi partner. we play tons of games (settlers, race for the galazy, mr. x, carcassonne, samurai, etc.). i read an unhealthy amount (well, i think it’s perfectly healthy, but others tend to remind me to eat & sleep & suchlike), mostly fantasy and sci-fi (tamora pierce is my goddess) but a smattering of other things as well. i jump at any and every chance to dress up, and am so gutted that halloween isn’t such a big thing here. luckily, my sister lives here too (i expect she’ll be along in the forum shortly), and she has a mean halloween party every year to help stave off the cravings.

haven’t technically done any larping before, but worked at a language-teaching summer camp for 10 summers which basically involved evening games with dressing up and roleplaying anything and everything from william tell to aliens to vampires to the leader of a barbarian horde (all in german), so i expect this won’t be too much different, except there will be no small children to be on 24/7 hyperalert for. woot!

gutted i missed chimera…i expect that would have been the perfect place to get my first taste of the larping universe. ah well. i’m thinking of perhaps crewing for teonn, does that seem like a decent place for a noob to jump in?

Teonn is probably a good place to start, as its a game that’s just getting off the ground. It’s gonna be a blast, and we’d be happy to have you for the crew.

Hi Berit

You sound like you will fit in just fine in the larping crowd. We would love to have you along to crew at Teonn.
More details can be found at viewtopic.php?f=111&t=4707&start=0

Also teonn.nzlarps.org

Looking forward to meeting you :slight_smile:

Nikki