Weaponry

[quote=“KateB”]

Thanks Sophie! Two questions though:

1. I assume nerf guns includes bows and crossbows using nerf bullets?

2. In theory, arrows (though possibly not crossbow bolts) are easier to make than bullets; if we have repair/gunsmithing/survival or something similar, would we in theory be able to make our own arrows, and therefore have more ammunition, or is that just pushing it a bit? (-:[/quote]

A weaponsmith can make arrows and bows, assuming they know how and again have the correct materials. For your crossbow the ‘bullets’ will be bolts and same rules apply. Once they are shot they are considered damaged, broken or lost in the target so need replacing.

[quote=“sophmelc”]Hi guys,

There have been a lot of questions flying around about NERF guns and what is or isn’t allowed. After discussion with a few people I’m changing the rules to what follows (the rules doc will also be updated):

[ul]Any NERF gun is allowed[/ul]
[ul]Players are only allowed 20 rounds of ammo for their gun, Militia are allowed 40[/ul]
[ul]Once a bullet is fired, it is considered spent. It cannot be used again unless you find a Gunsmith with a reloading bench and the materials to refill your bullets[/ul]
[ul]Bullets can be traded for[/ul]

I hope that clarifies things for people.[/quote]

I’m assuming we can collect our bullets and put them somewhere safe as to not lose them completely?

[quote=“sophmelc”][
A weaponsmith can make arrows and bows, assuming they know how and again have the correct materials. For your crossbow the ‘bullets’ will be bolts and same rules apply. Once they are shot they are considered damaged, broken or lost in the target so need replacing.[/quote]

I must be harsh, I would have made it weaponsmith and survival.

I assume the arrow limit is the same as the bullet limit and that it is a combined limit.

[quote=“Jarratt”][/quote]

I must be harsh, I would have made it weaponsmith and survival.

I assume the arrow limit is the same as the bullet limit and that it is a combined limit.[/quote]

I would have said maybe arrows (but not bolts) could be made with just survival, since there’s not really metal/smithing involved, but that might be making it unnecessarily complicated.

Clarification: Is the ammo limit, just the starting limit or does that limit continue? (ie: if you start with 20, can you get more made and build up your stocks, or is 20 your upper limit at all times?)

[quote=“KateB”]

I would have said maybe arrows (but not bolts) could be made with just survival, since there’s not really metal/smithing involved, but that might be making it unnecessarily complicated.

Clarification: Is the ammo limit, just the starting limit or does that limit continue? (ie: if you start with 20, can you get more made and build up your stocks, or is 20 your upper limit at all times?)[/quote]

Arrows are weaponsmithing as that’s the most relevant skill, and I want to ensure that they are on the same footing as guns. I may require a weaponsmith who has never seen a bow to need to consult with someone with Survival. It will be a case by case thing.

The limit is starting at this stage. But again I’m not trying to over complicate it. If you start hoarding bullets people will find out. And will no doubt try to take them from you. After all, they are valuable. Militias in particular aren’t keen on people having too much ammo.

I tend to think of it like this;

Everyone with a gun will bring 20 ammo, to the game. (40 for militia)
During the game people will shoot / trade ammo etc, at the end of the game session, you’ll either have more or less ammo. You make a note of it at the end of the session & next game, you start with that amount.

The problem starts when you trade some of your ammo with people and at the end, if you get it back, you might have to arrange to bring it next time to give back to the other player.
As long as people follow the rules it stays simple really.

In saying all of that, Nerf Ammo is pretty cheap.

[quote=“TazzyD”]I tend to think of it like this;

Everyone with a gun will bring 20 ammo, to the game. (40 for militia)
During the game people will shoot / trade ammo etc, at the end of the game session, you’ll either have more or less ammo. You make a note of it at the end of the session & next game, you start with that amount.

The problem starts when you trade some of your ammo with people and at the end, if you get it back, you might have to arrange to bring it next time to give back to the other player.
As long as people follow the rules it stays simple really.

In saying all of that, Nerf Ammo is pretty cheap.[/quote]

Sessions aren’t necessarily back to back days. So probably plenty of time to use ammo and replenish between sessions.

If you manage to acquire a significant amount of ammo in a game I’m sure Sophie could come up with something that compensates you, like you trade it for “plot device” equipment or let you start with more ammo next time.