Set dressing

As the first game will be taking place in Vogelmorn Hall I’m going to need to do some set dressing.

If anyone wants an IC area in the game that is great! But I will need your help in setting it up. So drop me a message or reply here if you’ll be able to help me set up the game.

If it’s on the weekend (too lazy to look at date) I can definitely show up early and move things around for you.

I can definitely help.

(I actually really love organising spaces and setting things up.)

We are going to be visiting, but I have plenty of set dressing stuff for townies.

I’m guessing you’re going for a sort of DIY/agrarian feel to the place? I can offer a spinning wheel for set dressing, if you like.

Any chance of setting up a brothel? and medical area? :wink:

also happy to help

Just for a moment I thought Daena meant brothel/medical area and I was like O_o

service you one way then fix you the other :smiling_imp:

service you one way then fix you the other :smiling_imp:[/quote]

Sure Deana, Nick A will be worth talking to re the medical area. If you want to set up a brothel will you be running it? I’ll keep a space aside for you to set dress.

[quote=“sophmelc”][quote=“daena”]

service you one way then fix you the other :smiling_imp:[/quote]

Sure Deana, Nick A will be worth talking to re the medical area. If you want to set up a brothel will you be running it? I’ll keep a space aside for you to set dress.[/quote]

Hey Sophie
yes please maybe connected to the bar if we have one, might have to have some arrangement with whoever is running said bar

I should note I don’t have any bright ideas or much kit for a proper looking surgery/clinic so don’t count on me too much there! I will be bringing a flat stretcherstyle bed, and basic portable stuff like creams, kit equipment. But nothing larger. At least, unless I see something at trash palace tomorrow…

can i use fabrics and cushions from the NZlarps collection, i have a few things in mind but not sure how much stuff i can bring or what will be available also potentially one of the stretchers?

Nick A, I will help you with some stuff, talk to you at Exalted about it. NZLarps has 3 camp stretchers, also some medical stuff and of course material which may suit what you want Daena.

But you may need to pick up and drop off that stuff yourself rather than relying on Sophie to get it for you.

[quote=“Scott”]Nick A, I will help you with some stuff, talk to you at Exalted about it. NZLarps has 3 camp stretchers, also some medical stuff and of course material which may suit what you want Daena.

But you may need to pick up and drop off that stuff yourself rather than relying on Sophie to get it for you.[/quote]

i assume pick up would be from Mels then so i would need to organise i time to go around to have a look at what is there? can have access to our car so it shouldn’t be a problem

That’d be pretty awesome Scott. I do have two lie flat portable beds, just not military stretcher types. They even have mattresses to show just how cushy it is in a town… The two of them take up my whole car boot though, so any additional equipment on offer will be a squeeze. Will discuss at Exalted.

Also, in terms of acceptable medical tools for my satchel, I was simply going to pick up a bunch of kids plastic toys that looked similar, and paint them to look appropriate. I’ll make a scalpel blade out of foam. Presumably that would be okay?

Like a few others I’m getting in some LARP safe medical instruments which you’re welcome to borrow for your satchel Nick.

Like a few others I’m getting in some LARP safe medical instruments which you’re welcome to borrow for your satchel Nick.[/quote]

Nick A, as props those all sound fine.

Like a few others I’m getting in some LARP safe medical instruments which you’re welcome to borrow for your satchel Nick.[/quote]

That’s awesome, thanks for that. I couldn’t find much in the way of medical instruments at the second hand stores but will keep looking given the game is still five weeks out. I had a look at the LARP safe equipment and it looks essentially like a bunch of knives - very vicious :slight_smile:

I would happily make posters and stuff to just add to the atmosphere if you’d like?

These can be Militia propaganda, item advertisement, business advertisement.

So, any requests?

P.S Have a LARP-safe bonesaw that I would happily lend a surgeon or doctor character.

[quote=“BlackDahlia”]I would happily make posters and stuff to just add to the atmosphere if you’d like?

These can be Militia propaganda, item advertisement, business advertisement.

So, any requests?

P.S Have a LARP-safe bonesaw that I would happily lend a surgeon or doctor character.[/quote]

I was going to ask to possibly borrow this for my warrior queen