Potential Character - Brain storm pit

I cannot endure the pain of not having Sophie as my GM any longer.

Shall be booking flights soon and looking to make some IC connections ^^

Will prob come down on the Friday so might be keen to do some pre-game social IC (if allowed) to figure out my char before gametime.

PM me if interested in having a tie!

[quote=“mandersnz”]Toying with two ideas:
First one’s of an Arc who never actually wanted to be therePossibly a little sneak/survive-at-all-costs kind of gal, or someone who’s a kickass craftsperson but has pretty shocking social skills.

Second idea was of a wonderfully humble Townie, a farmer, she just considers herself to be helping out where she can, no big deal to her really. The more she can help, the better.
.[/quote]

I’m thinking your ex-Arc character would be more fun to play, and possibly provide more leeway in terms of character development/interaction (sounds like the sort of person who’d fit in quite well in my character’s tribe…we have the social skills of your average teenager, and there aren’t many rules in our playground) - maybe a Mad-Max-Feral-Kid-type?.

…unless of course your Townie Farmer character is just faking humility and is really a spy for the militia, which would be interesting too…

[quote=“KateB”][quote=“mandersnz”]Toying with two ideas:
First one’s of an Arc who never actually wanted to be there (…) Possibly a little sneak/survive-at-all-costs kind of gal, or someone who’s a kickass craftsperson but has pretty shocking social skills…[/quote]

I’m thinking your ex-Arc character would be more fun to play, and possibly provide more leeway in terms of character development/interaction (sounds like the sort of person who’d fit in quite well in my character’s tribe…we have the social skills of your average teenager, and there aren’t many rules in our playground) - maybe a Mad-Max-Feral-Kid-type?.
[/quote]

Yeah I’m getting stronger ideas about the ex-Arc girl than I am about the Townie but as yet still want to keep my options open. First time creating a LARP character so I’m hoping my idea will work out well enough. Can’t say I understood the “Mad-Max-Feral-Kid” reference though, to be honest.

[quote=“amphigori”]I cannot endure the pain of not having Sophie as my GM any longer.

Will prob come down on the Friday so might be keen to do some pre-game social IC (if allowed) to figure out my char before gametime.

PM me if interested in having a tie![/quote]

Woot!! :smiley:

WOW Jackie! Thats awesome! I will miss you, as I won’t be a the 1st session, but looking forward to it if you come down again.

Mandersnz - If you go with Ex-Arc & want either a big brother or romance background plot points, drop me a PM. I won’t be at the first game, but long term, we could work with something.

Siximpossiblethings - I’ll drop you a PM, I might need a way in/out of an arc… :unamused:

Fraser - I’m keen on a “we shared a campfire one night” - if you think you’d be the kind of person to do such.

Jarrett - If you’re after “current bounties” i’ll drop you a PM as well.

[quote=“TazzyD”]
Jarratt - If you’re after “current bounties” i’ll drop you a PM as well.[/quote]

Sure

[quote=“mandersnz”][quote=“KateB”][quote=“mandersnz”]Toying with two ideas:
First one’s of an Arc who never actually wanted to be there (…) Possibly a little sneak/survive-at-all-costs kind of gal, or someone who’s a kickass craftsperson but has pretty shocking social skills…[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah I’m getting stronger ideas about the ex-Arc girl than I am about the Townie but as yet still want to keep my options open. First time creating a LARP character so I’m hoping my idea will work out well enough. Can’t say I understood the “Mad-Max-Feral-Kid” reference though, to be honest.[/quote]

Ah. In Mad Max II, there was a character called the Feral Kid, who had a sharpened metal boomerang, and seemed to be a bit crafty too. Not really in the same vein as what you described, but that was what I first thought of when you mentioned the ex-arc character.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Max_2
forgottenflix.com/wp-content/upl … al-Kid.jpg

[quote=“sophmelc”][quote=“amphigori”]I cannot endure the pain of not having Sophie as my GM any longer.

PM me if interested in having a tie![/quote]

Woot!! :smiley:[/quote]

EXCITE!!!

I’m picturing Trigun.

LOL! That makes me want to play Nicholas D. Wolfwood. :slight_smile:

I imagine Jenni & Randy’s character’s would be adequate stand-ins for Meryl & MIlly. :slight_smile:

This isn’t gonna be a game full of Anime characters is it…?

and I’m picturing you dragging around a giant larp safe cross-gun.

I’m trying to decide if I want an Anime wig or not. lol

Um guys? Anime isn’t really the feel I was hoping for with this game.

What Soph said…

If it makes you feel any better, after I wrote my character sheet I realised that Flora is a combination of all of the YA dystopian fiction I’ve binged on in the last few months.

Well I was kind of joking, but Anime has a lot of different moods and themes. You can’t really box it all into one category. I get that the overlystylised giant Anime guns/swords are probably a bit silly in what should be a more realistic setting, using some Anime elements could fit. A farmer might wear pretty simple clothes, an Arc might have a lot of tattoos, weird clothes and punk style hair.

So I totally get that it;s not an Anime game, but I guess Anime can be one of the easiest references for some of us as to what part of this more future world could look like. It’s easy to imagine the realism elements, harder with some of the future evolution of certain things. Kind of like a Punk, a Marine and an Armish person walk into a bar.

Useful if you know anything about Anime, I guess. I seem to be one of those rare people who can’t stand it.

Nope, I’m there with you.

Also, I wasn’t being overly serious. If you want your character to be based on anime then go for it. Just don’t expect me to be saying yes to weapons that defy every rule of physics ever :smiley:

Sorry guys, could run through all the posts again, but I am lazy (and a bit busy).

Who were playing Savages or had a Savage background? Apart from Brooklynne, and that’s nothing against you, just not sure we are likely from the same tribe, though may know each other.