NZLARPS AGM 2016 - National committee nominations

NZLARPS will be holding its AGM on October 5, 2016. Part of the business of the AGM is to elect a committee for the upcoming year. We are therefore calling for nominations for committee.

The deadline for nominations is September 27, 2016. The gap is to allow time for email voting.

Every candidate for committee must be proposed and seconded by two members, but they do not themselves need to be members at the time of nomination. If you are unsure of your membership status, you can check it on http://nzlarps.org/ or by emailing secretary@nzlarps.org. I will be contacting non-member nominators / nominees with information on how to join.

Nominations can be made by posting to the thread below, or by email to secretary@nzlarps.org. Any emailed nominations will be posted here.

There are five positions available.

• President - The President of the society shall be responsible for overall running of society, promoting the vision of the society, chair committee meetings, work for consensus in the committee, cast deciding vote in case of ties, attend meetings as society representative, liaising with all regional directors to coordinate the workings of the Society across New Zealand, managing matters related to the core function of the society, the first point of contact for those wishing to contact the society.
  • Secretary - Maintain the national membership database. Keep all club correspondence in an organised fashion. Send letters as required. Send reminders of meetings to committee members. Take minutes at meetings and distribute to committee members. Communicate decisions made by committee to members.
  • Treasurer - Responsible for society finances. Keep general ledger to track society expenditure and income. Pay all society accounts. Bank money received. Advise on availability of funds for projects and committee initiatives. Distribute budgets to project owners and receive repayments. Pass accounts to society accountant to be registered with the government. Present financial report of current position at committee meetings.
  • Marketing Officer - Identify online and offline communities. Devise strategies by which to promote larp games and events to these communities, with a view to recruiting new players into larping and potentially into joining NZLARPS. Coordinate marketing campaigns.
  • Information Technology Officer - Coordinate the creation and maintenance of information technology resources for the society such as the society’s website, online forum, communications technology for meetings, and the enablement of projects via information technology.

Each position must be held by a separate individual. If someone is elected to two positions, they must choose one, and the next highest-polling candidate (if any) fills the other.

Nominations so far. I’ll keep this updated. Candidates will be ordered by nomination status, then alphabetically.

• President: Brad Thompson (nominated, seconded, accepted)
  • Secretary: Nikki Brown (nominated, seconded, accepted), Malcolm Harbrow (nominated, seconded, accepted)
  • Treasurer: James Cooper (nominated, seconded, accepted)
  • Marketing Officer: Phillip Brown (nominated, seconded, accepted)
  • Information Technology Officer: Naomi Guyer (nominated, seconded, accepted)

(Updated 26 September 2016)

1 Like

I nominate Malcolm H. for National Secretary. I also nominate Naomi G. for IT Officer. Both have done a great job this year, and I believe the Society would benefit from their continued presence on the committee.

I second both, if they accept the nomination

Accepted.

For similar reasons, I nominate Jarak as Treasurer.

I second Jarak as Treasurer

I would like to nominate our current President, Cameron, and our current Marketing Officer, Hannah for those respective roles again.

I would like to second Hannah Mackenzie Doornebosch for Marketing Officer

I would like to second Cameron Burns for President

I accept the nomination for secretary.

1 Like

Hi guys,
Thanks so much for the nominations. It’s been a privilege to serve on the committee. Unfortunately I won’t be able to hold any national or regional positions in 2017. I’m developing a new professional theatre company with Geraldine Brophy in the Hutt region where I live now and I need to put any/all ‘extra’ time into that next year.

1 Like

I would like to politely decline the nomination. Taking a step back from LARP stuff for a little while.

I accept the nomination for Treasurer.

I nominate Brad Thompson for National President.
I nominate Nikki Brown for National Secretary.
I nominate Phillip Brown for National Marketing

I accept my nomination thank you.

I second Phillip Brown for National Marketing
I second Brad Thompson for National President.

I second Nikki Brown for National Secretary

I gladly accept my nomination for National Marketing Officer.

I accept my nomination for President.

Nominations are now closed. I will email out e-ballots tomorrow, after I’ve rechecked them.

Membership of NZLARPS has grown, so we will need over 40 people for quorum. E-votes count, so I urge everyone to vote.

E-ballots have now been sent for the national AGM. If you are not planning on attending,I urge you to vote. Our current quorum requirement is 43 people, so we need a lot of you to participate.

Please do not reply to this email. Send votes to nzlarps2016agm@gmail.com instead. Votes must be received by 7pm on 5 October

Hello NZLARPS member,

NZLARPS will be holding its AGM at 7pm on Wednesday 5 October 2016 at Beth and Reuben’s house at 7 Oates Road, Glen Eden, Auckland. It will be followed immediately by the Auckland regional AGM at 7:30pm; details on that will be handled by the Auckland Secretary.

We need a large number of participants (over 40) for quorum, so if you cannot attend please vote by email using the ballot below. Otherwise we have to do it all again in a week.

The business to be conducted is as follows:

• Acceptance of last year’s AGM minutes
  • Approval of accounts
  • Reports from committee
  • Election of returning officer
  • Election of the new national committee

Because of the requirement for email voting, no nominations or amendments will be accepted from the floor.

Any member may vote by email. At the start of the meeting a returning officer will be elected who will have the responsibility of tallying up the votes. To vote, email your ballot (below) by 7pm on 5 October to: nzlarps2016agm@gmail.com.

Email voting is not anonymous but only the vote counter will be able to see the emails, and they will subsequently be deleted.

Below are the things you need to vote on for the AGM if voting by Email. Pick one option for each:

Vote: President
Brad Thompson
No Confidence
Abstain

Vote: Secretary
Nikki Brown
Malcolm Harbrow
No Confidence
Abstain

Vote: Treasurer
James Cooper
No Confidence