Nordic larp

Hello guys

My girlfriend and I have been visiting Auckland and are currently travelling Australia, and as we are both active larpers in Denmark we would love to meet up with some people and share some stories and experiences from our respective larp scenes. We are driving from Melbourne to Cairns in Australia during the next 1½ months and would really like to check out some larp over here, but we havent really been able to find anything over here browsing the web, so if you know some aussie larpers or have some good links to communities over there, it would be much appreciated.

We have both been larping for about 8 years (we are respectively 29 and 23) and are active in the nordic community. Peter has participated in organizing 3 games during the last 5 years and is currently active in the making of knudepunkt (nordiclarptalks.org/ where we have tried to summarize some of the more interesting larp projects in Scandinavia on video.

All the best
Peter and Juliane

Also you might want to check out nordicscene.org/, that updates regularly with news and events on the nordic role-playing scene.

Lastly, there is a coffe table book project happening at the moment at nordiclarp.wordpress.com, collecting the spectre of the nordic scene in about 30 articles.

Hi Peter!

I can’t answer your question, sorry, just posting to let you know someone read you (there was a big convention this weekend and people are a bit tired).

Will ask around. Thank you for the links. :smiley: (And for dropping by.)

Asked around: couldn’t get a better answer than, “Well, I know it exists.”

I did have some better luck with websearching. This list has some active sites for Australia (some of them aren’t, so just keep checking).

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful. :cry:

Hey Catherine

thanks for answering - nice to know that someone has actually read our post :slight_smile:

we will se what we can find using the list, allthough it seems to be rather outdated.

all the best
Peter and Juliane

If you were in Sydney on 2-4th October you could go to Sydcon: sydcon.info/

Here’s a discussion RPG.net about Aussie larp conventions:

forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?p=10320999