Module 24th March 2007

Is it at all possible to get a soft-copy that can be posted online as a free download? Or is the rulebook a protected revenue stream…?

Best to see the discussion on IP. All QW rule books are subject to copyright and may not be reproduced digitally or otherwise.

It wasn’t so much as Orcs being killed by the wraith, that was fine. It was the fact that the wraith was evil. Besides, no matter how late we left it, I’m sure more than a few orcs would have survived it.

[quote=“Jared”]Sorry but the only online rules available are
http://www.questwaikato.co.nz[/quote]

I would, but there seems to be something wrong with the link.

Oh well. Pity.

2nd thoughts. Who do I ask about permission to make such a booklet?

Oh sorry AJ try http://www.questwaikato.com
I’m sure Alista could make you a booklet. Or I will once I get permission.
Someone will get you what you require anyways.

Jared

That we do, as long as no one takes it too seriously. :wink:

[quote=“Alista”]The evil mage Cinnamen leads his victorious armies into adjoining realms as we speak .

The party helped destroy several very nasty wraiths that were inhabiting the area and were helping keep the orc numbers down.[/quote]

I got the party to do that while the Orcs and I had drinks at the inn. :smiling_imp:

What’s the ransom?

I genuinely believe that it would be better for QW and all other parties to release soft copies for free.

Last I looked players guides were $10 (depending on the cost of printing). Basically we currently provide these at cost.

The GM guides are only available for loan on request. We do not provide our rules in electronic format, for a variey of reasons which I will not go into here. Suffice it to says that Alista’s enquiries about NZLARPS view of copyright was not just an idle wondering.

Regardless of whether we ever change this policy or not with respect to the text, I do not allow digitisation of my art work.

The answer that Mike gave was “For nzLARPS projects, the creator(s) own the intellectual property.” Dunno how that they be taken in a negative light.

All the other comments were about what the nature of the law surrounding copyrights for game books. The law is that you can’t copyright a game mechanic, only the way it is described. NZLARPS doesn’t have a view on this as far as I know, it just recognises it as the nature of the law.

It’s not like the society itself is going to re-use rules in other works. It’s individual larpers who may or may not be members of the society (and may or may not be in NZ at all, for that matter) who will borrow rules that they think are good, just as roleplayers have throughout the history of the hobby. Fair enough if you don’t want it public because people will borrow rules that they like, but it hasn’t got anything to do with the society.

I did not say that I had issues with the outcome of the IP discussion, but that does not change the Quest position on the format in which we publish our rules :slight_smile: . Anyone who is interested in acquiring a players guide, please contact Alista.

I think this thread has wandered far enough along this particular diversion; back to the main discussion. Does anyone have a view on the (somewhat small) civillian component of Saturday’s game?

Oh neat, politics again.

I had a great time at Quest this month :slight_smile: When will the next game be?

[quote=“Ange”]
I had a great time at Quest this month :slight_smile: When will the next game be?[/quote]

It should be in about 3 or 4 weeks - Alista will probably be posting the notice before the end of the week.

This will be a re-run of one of our most popular modules ever (except for our module at Waitomo caves - everyone loved that one; as I recall, even Derek :wink: )

[quote=“Telpe”][quote=“Ange”]
I had a great time at Quest this month :slight_smile: When will the next game be?[/quote]

It should be in about 3 or 4 weeks - Alista will probably be posting the notice before the end of the week.

This will be a re-run of one of our most popular modules ever (except for our module at Waitomo caves - everyone loved that one; as I recall, even Derek :wink: )[/quote]

oh god not the [size=200]dreaded gobber hunt?[/size]

Aye
[size=200]GOBBO HUNT 7[/size]
Prepare for devastation!
Jared

Warning, to qualify as a “gobbo hunt” there will be at least 1 goblin or orc in this game.

This will be a cool game. 'nuff said until Alista kicks off the new thread :wink: