Live combat practice sessions

sweet ive got a few fried keen on learning the arcane arts.

Just a brief note from an Orklander … if there is another one of these coming up on a weekend in the next few months, I could be quite interested in making the short trek south to Hamiltown for some weapons practice.

Good to see some people keen for a bit of a bash. June and July are typically ugly weather months for outdoors LARP, so the risk we carry in running them is being rained out. Light rain won’t stop us but a downpour will mostly because latex weapons don’t appreciate getting wet.

I need to have a look at the calender in terms of other events but I would like to have a least one practice prior to Chimera.

I’ll keep this updated as information comes to hand.

So who would be keen for some combat practice prior to Chimera? Maybe the 15th of August? Would anyone come down from Auckland for this?

Might indeed be keen.

Very keen, actually have that weekend off, anyone want to car pool from Auckland?

Ok so a few are interested then

Live combat practice
Hamilton, venue TBC
1pm onwards
cost, nil but donations welcome
bring your own gear if you have it (limited gear)
costume: semi costume for fantasy (limited gear)

I note you mention costume … how “IC” is this event?

Not really IC at all but I always wear “some” costume. Otherwise its guys in jeans with swords. I often run combat scenarios, so they’re not IC but they are vaguely larp like.

i.e. ambushes, defend bridge, assault on a building, X vs. Y stand up fights etc.

Sweet, might bring some of my newbie friends that have registered for ZombieLarp, and give them a little taste of “how not to get clawed to death”, with a dash of “how to deal with your axe-wielding ‘friend’ when he loses his mind and tries to dismember you”.

Lol mean I got a larp on 8th then 1 on 15th :smiley:

Good stuff Lochie, pleased to hear you have larps going on. Feel free to bring people along. I’ll sort out a venue shortly.

God dam commitments
soz I can’t come no more
I gotta go snowboarding :frowning:
meh no worryz dough

Life conspires against me, between building a fence and collecting hay bales (for Chimera) plus the normal nubbub of daily life (with a baby) I don’t think I can run a combat practice. I can do the weekend after, on the 21st if people can make that date?

“Unfortunately”, I’ll be busy getting married that day, so no can do. Sorry about that … hope it goes well.

Congratulations. Best thing I ever did :smiley:

Congratulations. I hope your day goes well. I really enjoyed my own wedding day, the pressure might seem on for the ceremony but from then on its a bit more relaxed. Well after the photos anyways. Jaw gets so sore from smiling!

I hate cancelling practice sessions but real life just simply gets in the way and I simply ran out of time. I will try to run SOMETHING before Teonn at the very least. The only other option is to sign up for some nice hearty combat larps at Chimera if you haven’t already.
Quest to Forest of Darkness, Knightshade, Jade Empire, Dead Mans Chest etc.

On that note, we have plenty of room for crew for Knightshade @ Chimera. No better sword practice than as crew!

Congratulations :smiley:

Got work that weekend

jared ive got about 6 mates together. i thought i should start this forum up again, no use in making another. we want to have a bit of a larp and some just want to bash each other up, so i told them about the combat practice we had and they really want to have a bit of a bash around at a regular rate. if in a weekend sometime when no one has work then can we get a few budding hamilton larpers in for a bit of a bash up and if its got alright numbers maybe sort out something like a mini larp with given charecters. im keen to help or do as much as i possibly can aka, make charecters, round up, eat, make senarios, eat again, etc… so if n e 1 can get more people together and help us out on our little [color=#0000FF]QUEST[/color] then im sure we can make [color=#0000FF]WAIKATO[/color] a better larping community and get [color=#0000FF]BACK[/color] into larping so we can get [color=#0000FF]TOGETHER[/color] again. :smiley: