Introduce yourself

Hi, it’s about time I finally got around to posting on here!

I’m Sarah, and I first got interested in LARP at last year’s Armageddon. My first game was the Scummit (as Olga) and after that I signed up for just about everything I could get my hands on. In Black Hart I was Brangaine, and then in Teonn I crewed the whole weekend. I was also at KapCon - I played Black Jade in Fragrant Harbour. In the Sabbat playtest I was Mechthilde (the dwarf nun). And this last Friday I was in the Queen’s Justice, as Roos.

So I think - if I’m remembering things right - I’ve met quite a few of you already, but I’ve been nervous about finally posting to Diatribe. Hello!

HI Sarah, welcome to the fold!

Welcome to Diatribe Sarah, it was good to have you at The Queen’s Justice.

Welcome on board, Sarah. Poke around and see if there’s anything else that interests you (I know there are some monthly LARPs starting up later in the year)

Hi guys, I’m Amanda :slight_smile:

Just finished my first ever LARP with the second session of 33AR and I’m still hooked on the character buzz so I figured I’d register on Diatribe, since I perused through the game’s board just before the session this weekend. Looks like a good site!

I have a background in tabletop roleplaying and I also acted all through high school and a bit beyond so I’m quite used to having a character and having to think like someone else. But this was my first LARP and although I’m very tired at the moment, I’m raring for more!

I was a crew member though so I don’t actually have my own character, but I formed some pretty neat attachments to some characters I did play this weekend :smiley:

Anyway, figured I’d chuck a post here.

Ah… crewing. 'tis How I began this hobby. Those were the days… must do it again sometime!

Welcome! I hope to meet you in person when we are at the same larp in the same city!

Hey Amanda

Welcome to Diatribe, great to hear you had so much fun at 33AR, hopefully we see you along at other Wellington games.

Cheers
Scott

Thanks Scott, Robza. I’m in larpover at the moment and aching to get back into it again. Have looked into NZlarps and a couple of others, hopefully I’ll get more involved sooner rather than later :slight_smile:

Hi Amanda,
welcome to NZLarps! :smiley:
I only just joined the group last year, after going to Chimera- the weekend long cluster of 4hr stand alone larps, held in Auckland.
I loved it, and the group here are really friendly.

Have you heard about Hydra? It’s coming up in a few weeks, would love to see you there if you can make it.

TIm
from Orcland

I have heard of Hydra, quite a few people at 33AR mentioned it to me. However it falls on the weekend right before my mother’s wedding and I’ll be quite involved with the last minute planning. Definitely want to come and keen on doing more though, just sadly not this time around :slight_smile:

So I never actually introduced myself on here yet!

Hi all, I’m Courtney!
I’ve already participated in my first LARP and am very keen to keep continuing. I have no doubt encountered many of the Wellington LARPers as of now, but thought I should post a wee hello on here any way :slight_smile:

Welcome welcome!

Hi! I’m Amber,
I’m lurking for now, and if you ever get to meet me, It’ll be starting July 2014. I’m currently a resident of Georgia, USA. I lived in Wellington in 2006, and have been scheming to get back since. Fingers crossed, I will get to start a doctoral program at Vic in 2014.
I’ve been larping for one year. My boyfriend has been larping for five years. I’ll be joining your conversations and asking a tonne of questions, because from what I’ve been able to scrounge up, y’all do it a tad bit differently than we do.

And yes, I do say y’all.

Welcome Amber, and boyfriend :slight_smile:

We look forward to seeing you in a couple of months. As a partner to a Doctoral student I whole heartedly sympathise woth both yourself and your partner :slight_smile:

My name is Anthony, and I am the treasurer for NZLarps Wellington. So if youhave anyquestions, fire away. Many of us are all to happy to help answer them :smiley:

im in

Hi I’m Josh.

I’ve been larping in Auckland for a year and a half now, but up to this time I have never had any presence on Diatribe.

However, the good new is, I’m moving to WELLINGTON in February! :smiley: So I figure its time to dive into the sea of conversation threads which is Diatribe.

I figure many of you know me by now (that is if Facebook friend status is a true reflection of reality) but I guess this is the best place to start.

See you at the next LARP!!!

[quote=“Rohivanion”]Hi I’m Josh.

I’ve been larping in Auckland for a year and a half now, but up to this time I have never had any presence on Diatribe.

However, the good new is, I’m moving to WELLINGTON in February! :smiley: So I figure its time to dive into the sea of conversation threads which is Diatribe.

I figure many of you know me by now (that is if Facebook friend status is a true reflection of reality) but I guess this is the best place to start.

See you at the next LARP!!![/quote]

Josh, you should most definitely try to come along to 33AR, depending on when in February you are moving.

[quote=“Lady Prema”]
Josh, you should most definitely try to come along to 33AR, depending on when in February you are moving.[/quote]

If you do, and are playing (rather than crewing) maybe have a chat with me, I’m bringing my character back and would happily bring in new characters with him…

Jon

I’m Dorian, and I signed up here because I’m just about to start running a Vampire:the Masquerade larp at The Badcave in Palmerston North. Someone left a pile of NZ larps business cards of the counter of said comic/gaming store a while ago, and I thought I might as well check it out.

I’ve been doing the larp thing on and off for around 13 years, mostly Vampire but a few other things here and there. I’m keen to establish more of a community in Palmerston North, becasue this city seems to be lacking in dressing up and having fun-ness.

[quote=“NotDorianGray”]I’m Dorian, and I signed up here because I’m just about to start running a Vampire:the Masquerade larp at The Badcave in Palmerston North. Someone left a pile of NZ larps business cards of the counter of said comic/gaming store a while ago, and I thought I might as well check it out.

I’ve been doing the larp thing on and off for around 13 years, mostly Vampire but a few other things here and there. I’m keen to establish more of a community in Palmerston North, becasue this city seems to be lacking in dressing up and having fun-ness.[/quote]

Hey Dorian, great to hear from you. It would be awesome to see more of a larp community growing in Palmerston North.

There are at least a couple of NZLARPS members there already, and the society is on a mission at the moment to grow regional larp - see this post.

We’ve found that forming a core hub of people to run a variety of game styles and advertising them widely are good ways to get started, because long-lived communities are more likely to form around people running various games. Single larp campaigns or chronicles are great, but the community around them often disperses when they end. Also, a lot of people enjoy having various different play styles available to try out.

You’re also not that far from the Wellington scene, which is growing really quickly using that strategy. They have at least a couple of campaigns with weekend-long games, and a lot of one-off larps running.

If you do Facebook, there’s a fairly large NZ larp group (500+ members) here: facebook.com/groups/nzlarps/