Introduce yourself

I bid thee welcome fellow practitioners of the insanity and hilarity that is LARP. The coffee’s over there, the sanity repository is over there, and the pie is cooking under the pile of dead bodies. I hope you both enjoy your time with us, and have a taste of the fine LARP’s that we have here.

It helped that I knew a few of the troupe reasonably well (Hannah and Joker) and 20+ years of roleplaying gave me a basic grounding :slight_smile: It is learning where LARP and roleplaying differ that causes issues. Good to know I at least made t through the first LARP without embarrassing myself.

The Marcus relationship was a heap of fun to develop over the weekend as story threads pulled both characters in various directions. I am definitely looking forward to continuing it (hoping Joker it too :slight_smile: )

Hi everybody.
I’m Will, a few people here might know me. I’ve been mostly involved with the Christchurch gaming scene since 2003, and for the last 2 years I’ve attended Kapcon. Oh, and I have the same username over on NZRag. I’m involved in the SCA also, though I’m not much of a costume maker.
Basically, awesome experiences LARPing recently have driven me towards trying to get LARPing more alive down here. Hopefully I manage some of that. :slight_smile:

Hi Will, great to see you on Diatribe! I’m the Anna you met at Kapcon. Have a browse around, feel free to post anywhere and ask any questions, and let us know what we can do to help you with running larps in Christchurch.

I welcome Confusion into this forum! :smiling_imp:

Hey guys. New LARPer here. Heard about it through a friend at work. I play airsoft as my main hobby, so plenty of kit lying about for many impressions and resources to source a lot more :smiley:. Was pointed at Render Unto Caesar, and hence found this forum. Looking forward to getting out and having a go as airsoft doesn’t really open up the chances to be yelling MEDIC and acting out how a soldier would in any given situation barring the obvious tactical stuff during MILSIM events.

Also interested in zombie stuff, and keen to try anything although guns definitely take the cake for me. Wish airsoft stuff was a little more useful for larping, but hey, cant have everything you want. Got a NERF gun, planning on more, so very very keen to get into this.

[quote=“Wraith”]Hey guys. New LARPer here. Heard about it through a friend at work. I play airsoft as my main hobby, so plenty of kit lying about for many impressions and resources to source a lot more :smiley:. Was pointed at Render Unto Caesar, and hence found this forum. Looking forward to getting out and having a go as airsoft doesn’t really open up the chances to be yelling MEDIC and acting out how a soldier would in any given situation barring the obvious tactical stuff during MILSIM events.

Also interested in zombie stuff, and keen to try anything although guns definitely take the cake for me. Wish airsoft stuff was a little more useful for larping, but hey, cant have everything you want. Got a NERF gun, planning on more, so very very keen to get into this.[/quote]

Welcome aboard Wraith / Duffy :slight_smile:

Welcome to the madhouse Wraith…

[quote=“Wraith”]Hey guys. New LARPer here. Heard about it through a friend at work. I play airsoft as my main hobby, so plenty of kit lying about for many impressions and resources to source a lot more :smiley:. Was pointed at Render Unto Caesar, and hence found this forum. Looking forward to getting out and having a go as airsoft doesn’t really open up the chances to be yelling MEDIC and acting out how a soldier would in any given situation barring the obvious tactical stuff during MILSIM events.

Also interested in zombie stuff, and keen to try anything although guns definitely take the cake for me. Wish airsoft stuff was a little more useful for larping, but hey, cant have everything you want. Got a NERF gun, planning on more, so very very keen to get into this.[/quote]
Coffees over there, bikkies there, and straight jackets in the corner. So knock yourself out, or if not, then I’m sure someone here will…

But enough of my mad ramblings, welcome to our humble abode. Have a look around and see what you like.

Hey guys!

Daniel here, from Wellington. I’ve been meaning to join since forever but only just got around to it. I’m the current President of VUW’s Roleplaying and Games Club, so you’ll be hearing from me if we ever get around to finishing the next LARP we’re working on. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cool, what kind of larp is it?

Do you folks run larps regularly, and do you go to the other larps running in Wellington like the big Kapcon larp?

Ignorant Aucklander questions, I know.

Hi all,
I’m Wai, 16 from Hamilton.
New to the LARPing world and am very excited :slight_smile:
A friend and I tried to through a grand battle with our friends but it didn’t work out :frowning:
We are trying to do another but instead having people who will truly appreciate it.
Anyways I like gaming, comic books, music and Good movies. (apparently to others they aren’t that good)

I’m afraid of a zombie apocalypse happening but love zombie movies.

One day I hope to take over the world.
Cheers

[quote=“DapperAeronaut”]Hey guys!

Daniel here, from Wellington. I’ve been meaning to join since forever but only just got around to it. I’m the current President of VUW’s Roleplaying and Games Club, so you’ll be hearing from me if we ever get around to finishing the next LARP we’re working on. :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

Welcome to Diatribe, it’s awesome to have you here, I’ve heard amazingly awesome things about the supervillians larp you guys ran last year :smiley:

[quote]Hi all,
I’m Wai, 16 from Hamilton.
New to the LARPing world and am very excite[/quote]

Hi Wai, welcome to Diatribe :slight_smile: Feel free to ask questions and let us know if you need help coming along to events, the community is always happy to help new larpers out. Think about road tripping to Auckland for Teonn in May :slight_smile:

Hello people =D.

I’m so glad to have found a LARP community here in New Zealand, I only recently (5 months ago) immigrated here from the Netherlands, where I already had developed an interest in LARP and Roleplaying in general.
When I went to New Zealand, I wondered what my chances were of finding a community. Didn’t find anything the first try though (Well, I did find something, but it was in Auckland, and didn’t have much info I think). And now, I found this!
Some info about me, I’m Dutch in origin (Obviously). I live in the Waikato district, in the village called “Morrinsville”. I’m really interrested in LARP, I’ve been smuggling an outfit together throughout the years (Still not complete >.>) and have a proper LARP sword. I’ve never actually done a real LARP though, but would love to join one soon. I’m 17 years old, I’ll be 18 on the 22nd of April. And yea… I would really appreciate help with joining one of the LARP events, preferably in Hamilton, or closer to Morrinsville. I will probably move to Auckland next year (As my education takes me there), and will be able to do Larp over there, which I bet will be interesting as well =D.

Please treat me, a complete new person in the world of LARP, well =D

Kamica.

P.S. (If you have any questions, do ask =D)

Welcome Kamica,
Theres a few larpers here in the Waikato, though all I know well are here in Hamilton. Theres not a lot of larp here, I am working on that however I do go up to Orkland for the bigger larps they have up there, so I can provide transport to those I attend up there. Next up is Teonn. And I also organise larp safe combat practice when I can.

There are also an emerging bunch of late teens looking to organise some larp for themselves too, specifically for 14-19, so I’m sure they’d welcome you along when they get to the point of running games.

Thanks for responding to my introduction in such a helpful way =D.

Thought I should introduce myself finally! You know, after three LARP happenings. Two being Weekend games.
My name is Caitlin, Resident of the Tron. Friend of a few of the aucklanders so far. Need to meet more of you in another game.
Known as the Bringer of Baklava and most useless Yojimbo. /wave

I went to the latest Teonn (Beware of the Dark) crewing once again, and also before that Jade Empire, which I also crewed at. My first game being a human roll at Battlecry! :3
Can find me on facebook under facebook.com/LinnyPants if you think you know me.

hello to all!

Hiya =D. You already have more experience than me I guess >.< I’ve only crewed in Teonn: Accord =(.

Mmm it was good Baklava. I think. I may need some more, just to make sure…

I’ll arrange something with the chef for the next 3 day game.