Great Hydra Ride-sharing thread

Hihi, come one, come all, with your offers of transport and pleas of assistance!

I’ll start the latter - I’m working until 8.30pm on Friday night, so need a ride out after that or early Saturday. I’m also working Sunday, from 12pm, so need to leave Saturday night or Sunday morning.

-Juliet.

[quote=“Minerva”]Hihi, come one, come all, with your offers of transport and pleas of assistance!

I’ll start the latter - I’m working until 8.30pm on Friday night, so need a ride out after that or early Saturday. I’m also working Sunday, from 12pm, so need to leave Saturday night or Sunday morning.

-Juliet.[/quote]

I can offer a lift back into town on Saturday night after the flagship. PM me to discuss.

Working in Karori until 12:45 PM, happy to meet someone elsewhere after. I live in Kelburn.

A plea for assistance - there Friday (I finish work at 4, can be at Wellington Railway station by half four), back sunday (whenever people are leaving after last game).

An out-of-town plea for assistance: Helen Jones-Rippey and I (Matt Swain) are flying up from Dunedin and getting there at the ungodly hour of 8am on Friday - a ride from the airport to town/to Hydra would be awesome (we can probably make it into town on our own if no one wants to come out to the airport, and we don’t mind hanging around the airport for a few hours if that makes it easier).

Also, we’re not flying back until 2:10 on Monday, so somewhere to crash on the Sunday night would similarly be awesome :slight_smile: Again, we can probably organise a bus/shuttle to the airport on the Monday but a ride would be very much appreciated :smiley:

Is anyone able to give Ciarán Searle and me a lift to the camp from town/Petone on Friday, and back to Petone on Sunday night? Have x-posted on Facebook, as he’s not on Diatribe.

We’ll both have bags, and I think he flies in around mid morning so later timing won’t really be too much of an issue.

I’m free anytime on Friday, going up for the full weekend. Will have suitcase, located in Northland. Please and thank you!

If anyone is in a position to give me a lift in on the Saturday and back out after the flagship please PM me
Cheers
Daena

An Aucklander in need of a ride. I’m free all day Friday - my flight gets in around midday - and I’m staying the whole weekend. Petrol money will happily be provided. Not much luggage.

Is any lovely person able to give me a ride there on Friday anytime after 3.30pm, and back Sunday after the last round?

Man there’s a lot of people asking for rides and not many people offering them :-/

What’s the cost of a taxi-van out to the venue, split among 6-8 people? Doable?

Pick up from Wgtn CBD to Wainui - Coast Road, which is the closest thing online to choose, is $115.
Definitely worth looking at.

co-opshuttles.co.nz/

I’ve already agreed to take Sarah (Auroran), just so people know.

Hi all,

I’m going to hire a car and will be in and out from the venue over the weekend.

I’m assuming the most common times are:
Friday night Wellington - Brookfields (after 5:30pm) - 0 spaces (Naomi, Sarah L, Viperion +1)
Saturday night Brookfields - Wellington (after the flagship) - 3 spaces (Juliet)
Sunday afternoon Brookfields - Wellington (end of the con) - 0 spaces (Naomi, Sarah L, Viperion +1)

PM me if you need a lift. As I’m renting the car (I no longer own one) I will be asking for a contribution to the cost. TBC but expect around $20 per trip.

UPDATE: If more people get back to me I’ll look at getting a van instead of just a car.

[quote=“sophmelc”]Hi all,

I’m going to hire a car and will be in and out from the venue over the weekend.

I’m assuming the most common times are:
Friday night Wellington - Brookfields (after 5:30pm) - 3 spaces
Saturday night Brookfields - Wellington (after the flagship) - 3 spaces
Sunday afternoon Brookfields - Wellington (end of the con) - 3 spaces.

PM me if you need a lift. As I’m renting the car (I no longer own one) I will be asking for a contribution to the cost. TBC but expect around $20 per trip.[/quote]

On this topic, if I were to rent a mini-van would people be willing to pay $40 each to get out to Brookfields? It takes 7 (other than me).

Hi

If you are renting a van I would be happy to contribute if you still have space.

If not then I would be grateful to anyone going up who has room for one more.

Thanks

I believe Dale was looking at hiring a second Van as well.

At this stage there aren’t enough people looking for a lift that a van is worth while. I’m getting a car and Dale might be looking at one as well, or a van.

I’ll be driving from Upper Hutt to Brookfields starting, hopefully, at around 5.30pm on Friday evening.
I will also be going back the same way after the event has finished on Sunday

I’ll be able to take one person who can be picked up somewhere in the Hutt Valley between 5.30pm & 6pm.

I might be able to fit two, but given the amount of costuming I’m taking, not just for me, but for others, I suspect that with the addition of just one other person and their gear, my tiny car will be full.

I’d appreciate some petrol money (if you can afford it), mainly because pay day is not until after Hydra this year, so I may be running short of funds by then!

Hey there,

I am looking for a lift to and from Hydra (were Aucklanders still planning to rent some cars? I haven’t heard anything more about this) and if anyone could help me out it’d be awesome.

I’m getting into Wellington airport at 4pm on the Friday, but should be able to travel into the city or elsewhere if that’s easier.

After Hydra I am staying at Steph Cybart & co’s flat so a lift back to (I think Kelburne?) would be great.

Finally I am flying back to Auckland at 6:40 the following Wednesday and if someone could give me a lift out to the airport I’d massively appreciate it, although I am sure I can find other ways to get there if not.

Happy to contribute petrol money etc.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile: