French Larper coming to NZ

So I have some details…
It’s a day game - 10 hours. Karuna is available 2 Saturdays:

[list=]17 Sept - any problem with this?
22 Oct - Labour weekend…[/list]

It’s 18 people - which day would be more likely to get that number for 10 hours? I need a fast answer so I can find and book a suitable venue.

This is where I’d appreciate some NZLARP support - I haven’t organised a LARP through y’all before, so I don’t know the best way to determine these things.

Thanks
Anna

17th Sep is the third Saturday of the month, and the mage chronicle Nexus runs games on those days. Can someone from that campaign confirm whether there will be a game on that day and if any of the players would be conflicted if another game ran?

There are no conflicts on 22 Oct that I can see, although some people may be away for the long weekend.

Personally, I don’t think you’ll have any trouble getting 18 people on either of those days. You’ll have people lining up for another western larp.

Would you like financial help from NZLARPS? You could run the game as a project of the Auckland branch of NZLARPS. Put together a budget that will at least break even. The income from game fees from 18 players should exceed the expected costs of venue hire, prop and material purchases, plus any unexpected costs. If you want a spreadsheet to do the budget in, there is an official one here. The Auckland branch can fund the up-front costs. Note that for projects of the society, any profits and any equipment purchased for the project go back to the society, to help future larps. There is more info on projects here.

Oh yeah - if Vanya is any indication, there will be confilcts, for sure. One or both of us might be hospitalised… :open_mouth:

So 22 Oct it will be! Mark it in your calendars :smiley:

I’ll check with Karuna to see if he’s happy for it to be an NZLARPS (non-profit) event - it’s his game, after all… (I’m happy for it. Thanks for your guidance there, Ryan)

Cheers
Anna

The evening of the 22nd of October has something on…first “tides of change” game is slated for that date.

Can you be more specific? If we start at 9am we can finish by 7pm (in fact, Karuna has told me he can make it a bit faster). What’s our timeframe?

Can’t run it on a Nexus weekend or a week day, so this day is our only option.

AC

Can you be more specific? If we start at 9am we can finish by 7pm (in fact, Karuna has told me he can make it a bit faster). What’s our timeframe?

Can’t run it on a Nexus weekend or a week day, so this day is our only option.

AC[/quote]

First “Tides of Change” game. We would like to start by 7…and we would like our players there a little earlier to go over some things (as it is the first game).

Ok - noted. We’ll aim to start early (about 9-9:30) and end by 6pm.
Cheers
AC

Cool, great to have a western larp coming up and nice that the timing conflicts seem sorted.

When you’ve got the venue booked Anna, it would be a good idea to start a topic in the Auckland forum detailing the event. Then people can post there and ask questions, etc, get all the info about the Auckland run in one place. We can add the event to the NZLARPS calendar with a link to that topic.

EDIT: or you could start the topic now with venue noted as “to be announced”.

Your run is 10 hours? Wow. Ours is being pitched as a more normal 4.

You mean the Wellington version? I got the duration directly from Karuna, so I suspect it’s more accurate…
AC

Done - Auckland version is at Western LARP Oct 22
Cheers
AC

We Aucklanders talk very slowly.

We Aucklanders talk very slowly.[/quote]

And it takes a lot longer to figure out what you’re saying… har har!

Little update:

the game lasted approx 10 hours last time we played it. I’m translataing the characters right now, this should be finished by the end of the week.

I’m ok with the non profit side (i’m not doing this for profit)

cheers !

[quote=“Karuna”]Little update:

the game lasted approx 10 hours last time we played it. I’m translataing the characters right now, this should be finished by the end of the week.

I’m ok with the non profit side (i’m not doing this for profit)[/quote]

You might want to let Brooklyn know, since her booking seems to be for a 4-hour game. Also, 10 hours on a Friday is goign to make it a lot more difficult for people to play.

Okay;

Ideal schedule should be:

9 am: arrival
10 am: start of the game
12:30 BBQ (in game)
17 pm or 18 pm: end of the game

teaser for the LARP in spain: youtube.com/watch?v=oH7nJwfA … ture=share

enjoy !!
(I’m the guy with the red coat at the end)

Oh. Man.

Uh, epic venue and… horses!!!

I’m really, really keen to try and do something here: oldwesttown.co.nz/gallery_town.htm

It’s probably prohibitively expensive, and I don’t even know where it is, but it just screams ‘awesome venue’ to me and I’d love to try and get something happening down there.

I checked their website, cost would be 200$ each, up to 20 p, and then 150$ for others

and this ranch is not far from Ruatiti

hello there,

I’m in NZ and enjoying the trip :slight_smile: I’ll be touring around, and if you fancy meeting me for a drink or even host me for one night, it will be a pleasure to meet you.

I’ll be in the north Island untill the endof the month, then in the south island

cheers,
Karuna
text me on my NZ number: 0212536692