French Larper coming to NZ

Hello;

I’ll be visiting NZ for 2 month (september - October 2011) during the RWC and would like to meet NZ larper, to exchange point of view, cultural laring difference etc etc…

If I can attend a larp during my stay, it would be nice :slight_smile:

I’ll try to bring different stuff from EU people that create nice stuff, I can even bring small orders if you plan to order from french site, but not 300kg plz !

I’d gladly share ideas, tips etc etc

about me:
40 yo, playing since 1986, organizing larp since 1993 with Don Quichotte (fedegn.org),
currently organizing:
The Chronicle of Kandorya (kandorya.com) a mass larp med-fan campaign in France (~1000 people coming)
The Ultimate Western 2012 Edition (donquich.net); western Larp in spain, Fort Bravo, where a lot of western movies have been shot.
link to the 2010 Edition: donquich.net/Description-of- … --296.html

for old larp videos: donquich.net/DQTV–432.html
(Sorry for the low quality)
Cheers !
Karuna

Allo! I’d be super-keen to meet ya as I’m sure lots of people in the community will be.

You can keep an eye on the site for available games during that time. We’d love to have you at a game.

Will you be following the RWC around the country?

Heya,

It’ll be cool to meet you. Do you have an itinerary for where you’ll be when, yet?

Stephanie

Ooh, a fellow European =D. I’m dutch though (And the only French I speak is “Je m’appelles Sander” =3. I don’t even know if I spelled it correctly >.>

Glad to have replies so quickly !!

I ll be going to several rugby games in Auckland, Napier, North Shore, Wellington.
I also want to visit the south island and will spend 10 days in Australia to meet distant relatives.

I’ll post my trip here, even if everything is not scheduled as i’m mainly a couchsurfer, and i’m still trying to find hosts.

Nice spelling Sanders, are you a wicked dutch sorceror casting spells at us ?

Off to work…regarding work, if any of you need a contact with a french company or if your boss is willing to start business with french comp, i can facilitate things

You may want to try Anna Cruise here then, she does hosts couch surfers and is a larper.

Nope, in the not-quite-near-but-still-not-far-away future, I’ll be doing rituals at the Teonn larp (I hope) =D. Though I have considered chucking spells at peoples as a profession =D.

Yup, i’m in touch with Anna and will be hosted there for a while.

Just one tought: maybe i can bring scenarii from past larp to pass to whoever is interested ?

Not sure i’ll be able to organize one larp, because i’ll need stuff and a small team and also
I’m not sure that you would like my wicked sense of humour, logical illogical coincidences, nasty surprises and the like.

Oh and if you want stuff from these guys (www.atelier-fantasticart.com) tell me, i have special prices there.

What’s not to like about this! Sounds excellent :smiley:

You’d probably get enough volunteers for crew and depending on what sort of gear you’re after we could probably help you with that too.

Lol one day i will learn to keep my mouth shut.

What kind of places do you have for larp ? Schools, old houses, plains and forest, office desks,

i have one in mind, with approx 36 players and between 5 to 10 on the orga side
That can be played with not that much stuff, but i cannot speak of it here, any spoil would ruin the fun.

Now i’m really off to work

Bye
Karuna

From what I know, New Zealand has some awesome places to potentially play LARPs, the problem is, getting the people to those places XD. Last one I did (Also my first one) Was in a park in the middle of Auckland.

Hi there
Yup - Me and Vanya have Karuna at our tender mercies from 9-13 Sept, which conveniently falls over a weekend, but does it also correspond with a RWC game (@Karuna) or a regular LARP (@Diatribe) or exams (@Vanya)?
@Karuna - I can help you get your game off the ground if the timing works out: I’m usually on the side of the monsters, and have run LARPs before, and the nice people on Diatribe have lots of resource options (like players, costumes and venues) amongst them. We should start plotting :smiley:
Now I should get to work…
AC

My Schedule so far:

10 sept rugby game in North Shore
18 sept rugby game in Napier
24 sept rugby game in Auckland
01 Oct rugby game in Wellington
08 Oct rugby game in Auckland
09 Oct rugby game in Auckland
21 Oct rugby game in Auckland

10 October to 20 October: i’m in Melbourne with family

available week end: 22-23 Oct

That’s Labour weekend… Diatribe folks: who would be in for a game then? I know it’d clash with NAAMA - who does that? Anything else that’ll get in the way?
Karuna - that’s a holiday weekend in NZ. If you’re thinking of a day game we could do it on Monday, too.

Cheers
Anna

Armageddon is normally on then too

This year Armageddon is Oct 28-31, according to the website…

Any other issues with Labour weekend?
AC

Well, i need to know what kind of place can be available to be able to select the game i can bring.
In fact, you many players would likely to b e there ?

Less than 20 ?
From 20 to 40 ?
More than 40 ?

The bigger the crowd, the bigger the translation work. i will not translate 800 pages of roles and scenario !!

Themes:
Pirates
Far west
American college
French renaissance / Louis XIV
1920-1930

SQUEEEE!!!
Oh wait, I’ll be away at NAAMA…

…so this is where the Diatribe people show their interest/availability for a game on Labour weekend, and any preference for genre…

I’d guess we’re looking at the 20-40 size, and people seem willing and able to play anything, tho dress-ups are definitely a plus. The sooner we have a genre, the sooner we can find the right venue etc etc.

It has been a while since I’ve done something like this, and I have no idea of current assets that might prove useful or situations that might hinder. If people in the know want to drop in helpful hints occasionally I’ll take the most helpful out to dinner after the game.

Cheers
Anna

i’m guessing this is going to be in Auckland?