Food in Your Bellies! 2013 Edition

2013 Food Menu

Meals for Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be catered.

Breakfast Sat & Sun - Breakfast cereals, toast, fruit salad, boiled eggs & hashbrowns

Lunch Sat - Deviled Sausages w/ mixed vege mash
Vegan Lunch - Vegan Deviled Sausages w/ mixed vege mash

Lunch Sun - Cottage Pie w/ Roast vege
Vegan Lunch - Gardener’s Pie w/ Roast vege

Dinner Fri - Hearty Vege Soup w/ bread rolls
plus - Fruit Salad w/ Jelly

Dinner Sat - Spaghetti Bolognaise
Vegan Dinner - Stuffed (one or the other depending at the time of shopping) Capsicum/Tomatoes w/ Roast vege
plus - Baked Spiced Apples w/ custuard (Vegan/Gluten Free custard option)

Costs - $35 all inclusive (2 dinners, 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches), or pay per meal, $6 per breakfast, $8 per lunch, $8 per dinner

Yum yum! Looking forward to it

Sounds great! Thanks for coming down to do this :slight_smile:

Thank you, Michelle! The food last year (and hanging out with the cook) was a definite high point from last year.

This is looking very tasty.

Note: there will be feijoas. Bring your spoon.

Hi, not having been here and done this before - I’m a very late entry only registered for Hydra last week. I indicated I wanted the awesome sounding catered food option on the registration form but don’t know if my order went through and if I’m catered for.

Should I pay the food money with my entry fee, or just pay as I go? Or bring my own food in case there’s nothing for me?

Also do I have to bring my own cups, bowls, cutlery etc?

And… not related to food, but not sure where else to ask… what do I need for bedding? E.g. Sleeping bag? Bed roll? Sheet? Are we in tents or cabins?

Its in the spreadsheet, so your order has gone through.

Pay it with your entry fee. As for bringing your own food, I always bring snacks, and a couple of pot noodle things in case something goes horribly wrong (in fact, its the same pot-noodle things, because I never have to eat them).

Yes. There’s a limited supply there, but it pays to bring your own (and a teatowel to dry them with).

Shared bunkrooms, containing between 4 and 8 people. There ar ematresses, but no bedding. So you’ll need to bring a sleeping bag, an extr ablanket (because it can get very cold there), and something to stick your head on.

Hey yeah you are covered for food.

Actually the plates, bowls, knives and forks are all provided. There are some cups there but feel free to bring your own, having a tea towel is good.

Trying to find my list of stuff to bring, I am sure I have done one before, but:

Towel or in fact towels
Tea Towel
Coffee Cup
Sleeping bag
Blanket
Pillow
COSTUMES/Make up/props
Mundane clothes
Toiletries
Pain killers
Drink Bottle (though there are cups and water and drink there, I find it good to have one)
Snacks
Torch
Alcohol if you wish. (You can drink after the games, but in Moderation)

So there will be a small amount of snacks and drinks available so small change is good.

There are no shops close to the site and no cell phone coverage.

Thanks Idiot and Scott that’s extremely helpful. I’ve just sent my money through now. Looking forward to it!

Whoops! I’d forgotten to pay earlier, money should go in overnight- including my $35 for meals- thanks Michelle!

So what time is breakfast usually?

Friday

Dinner 7pm

Saturday

8.30am breakfast

1pm Lunch

5.30pm dinner

Sunday

8.30am breakfast

1pm Lunch

Friday

Dinner 7pm

Saturday

8.30am breakfast

1pm Lunch

5.30pm dinner

Sunday

8.30am breakfast

1pm Lunch

Yay, thanks

(I only asked cos I almost slept through breakfast at Teonn…)

Is it too late to request catering for Saturday dinner for me? I know I initially said I’d bring my own food but it’s probably going to be easier if I just bring my own lunch…

Nope all good, chef has added you.

Thank you!