Crosspire

So, for governance people seem happy with a vaguely elected dictatorship. next question (because it may be relevant in-game): how do we decide who joins our community? Is it up to the mayor, or do we all vote on it?

(I like the latter because it creates levers within the game which are in the hands of the PCs)

Certainly the townsfolk should have some say, but maybe not all of them? The mayors council gets to decide, or if the person has enough guns/money and looks scary enough, people just turn a blind eye?

Also do we have any electricity?

[quote=“IdiotSavant”]So, for governance people seem happy with a vaguely elected dictatorship. next question (because it may be relevant in-game): how do we decide who joins our community? Is it up to the mayor, or do we all vote on it?

(I like the latter because it creates levers within the game which are in the hands of the PCs)[/quote]

What does it matter Crosspire will be burned to the ground at the end of the first session and you Townies will all have a long walk ahead of you.

Seriously though I’m not sure how much of the game will take place in Crosspire beyond the first session. I guess that really depends on the characters and what they choose to do.

I keep telling Bex that living in a town is just silly when you could have a lovely, shiny Arc to call home. Maybe she’ll finally listen to me when this inevitably happens.

I keep telling Bex that living in a town is just silly when you could have a lovely, shiny Arc to call home. Maybe she’ll finally listen to me when this inevitably happens.[/quote]

I keep saying that living in a town in just silly when you can live in a playground…with a pirate ship and bumpcars!

[quote=“Jarratt”][quote=“IdiotSavant”]So, for governance people seem happy with a vaguely elected dictatorship. next question (because it may be relevant in-game): how do we decide who joins our community? Is it up to the mayor, or do we all vote on it?

(I like the latter because it creates levers within the game which are in the hands of the PCs)[/quote]

What does it matter Crosspire will be burned to the ground at the end of the first session and you Townies will all have a long walk ahead of you.

Seriously though I’m not sure how much of the game will take place in Crosspire beyond the first session. I guess that really depends on the characters and what they choose to do.[/quote]

Burnt to the ground you say? What an interesting proposition… maybe everything else will be burnt and Crosspire will be your salvation?

Yes, to a point. There are some dodgy solar panels and a wind turbine (not much more than a wind mill these days) which can be used in limited amounts… well there was. Recently there has been some issues with the turbine and one of the solar mirrors broke. So power is in very short supply.

[quote=“sophmelc”]

Burnt to the ground you say? What an interesting proposition… maybe everything else will be burnt and Crosspire will be your salvation?[/quote]

Please don’t say that, I’m trying to watch the Pilot of Defiance now and I’m struggling, and that is a pretty similar setup. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually aside from the aliens and high tech it probably not a bad representation of a large town (Crosspire might not be that large though). I’m not sure it’s any good though. Revolution is way more fun source material.

Revolution is AWESOME-SAUCE!

It’s how I see this game going. Lots of Swords etc, limited Ammo etc. Nice…

[quote=“TazzyD”]Revolution is AWESOME-SAUCE!

It’s how I see this game going. Lots of Swords etc, limited Ammo etc. Nice…[/quote]

Yeah I’m a fan as well. I loved the idea of where we would go with out electricity.

[quote=“TazzyD”]Revolution is AWESOME-SAUCE!

It’s how I see this game going. Lots of Swords etc, limited Ammo etc. Nice…[/quote]

Sure, that’s fine but honestly I’m pretty sure Larp swords are better than nerf guns anyway, so the limited ammo is a big hit to ranged only characters. That said I’m not sure that matters. The idea is to promote trade, and limit gun use. It’s also to make auto weapons viable because using them will chew through ammo. I mean it would be totally unfun for your character to die because you have no ammo and sword character (or NPC) comes up and slaps you to death. Which to my mind means you should conserve the stuff and only use it when it matters.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays, trading, swords v guns, guns v guns.

I would love to do some training with guns v swords and the like just to see how things might work. Of course cover is important in gun fights and mobility is important in sword fights.

Also Revolution is pretty fun.

I keep telling Bex that living in a town is just silly when you could have a lovely, shiny Arc to call home. Maybe she’ll finally listen to me when this inevitably happens.[/quote]

I keep saying that living in a town in just silly when you can live in a playground…with a pirate ship and bumpcars![/quote]

Real women live in the wood in women made shelter hunting and fighting for their survival the care for their weaker menfolk, and the children.

So how is food/accomodation paid for, for those of us that regularly pass through?

I figure Solomon usually brings in some game and some tobacco, and will do reloads/maintenance for the diner owner/provider of accomodation in exchange for food and board for a day or two - does that sound like a reasonable undeerstanding?

For the Tavern

Travis takes Ammo, food, and general barter. Anything really that is of use out here. He’ll take chips if that’s all you got in the offing, but you’ll probably get a better deal with other things

[quote=“Ants”]For the Tavern

Travis takes Ammo, food, and general barter. Anything really that is of use out here. He’ll take chips if that’s all you got in the offing, but you’ll probably get a better deal with other things[/quote]

I will not actually bring dead animals, unless we’re going for a higher level of realism than I think we are, so we may have to handwave that bit, if you are happy to do so?

For sure. Bring a sack or something or a brown box or something to rep if you like. It aint goimg to be a huge thing I think in the game, but you know I may want to pass it on to the folks in need or some such.

Plus you are a man of skills. I’m sure you got the idea of barter firmly placed in your head. I don’t know who’s got the need for for fancy guns but I’m sure you’ll think of something :smiley:

'sides the Town already has a very fine gunsmith and repair-woman.

True,

Perhaps is just more purdy than your solid and functional wares?

Well if you want EXOTIC weapons…