Callout for interested GMs - Larp in the Park

Walter and I have decided to take point on running a regular fantasy ‘Larp in the Park’, based on a discussion that’s been going round a number of people for a little while.

The idea is to have a regular day or evening game (perhaps monthly or bi-monthly) with very low overhead cost (using public venues and only NZLARPS gear etc.), with the story of each game written by a different GM with the others giving support. Generic fantasy, aimed as a cheap and easy way of getting your regular Larp fix. Rules and world to be co-developed, aiming to allow someone to read the rules and simultaneously make a character in a couple of pages. Profits would be donated towards the NZLARPS gear.

We are looking for a team of about 3-4 more people to meet fortnightly, most likely Monday or a Friday (based on our current schedules). Enthusiasm and commitment are the key things that we are after, you don’t necessarily have to have experience GMing.

Please contact me via PM if interested.

I love the convergent thinking of this community! I have been thinking about the exact same idea myself… and have even developed stuff… I used Kingdom as a good basis for a simple larp.

The rules for Kingdom are definitely something we are keen to draw from, as well as Skirmish and Mordavia. I have a couple of ideas for simple mechanics myself, and we’re looking forward to seeing what other ideas people come up with.

Incidentally, if you can’t commit to joining the GM team (or you really want to play instead) but have some cool ideas you think we should try out, give us a buzz.

We are having a meeting next Wednesday to discuss initial ideas, 2nd July at 7pm. If you are interested at all come along.

71 Wellpark Ave, Grey Lynn.

Hello all, just a reminder that we are meeting tonight. Feel free to come along.