Calendar archives

ekkk! just realised the 10th of March isn’t a Saturday. I meant to register the 13th of March. Cheers

Greetings,

The Nexus LARP has been set to run on the third weekend of every month in 2010, with the first game occuring on March 20th from 12pm to 5pm (location yet to be announced).

Regards
Patrick

Could you please add Nexus: Distant Rumblings as a monthly LARP on the third weekend of each month (Saturdays), starting March 20th.

Regards
Patrick

Kapcon is a not-for profit Roleplaying Game convention run annually in Wellington, New Zealand, every January. Over 100 people get together for a weekend of pen-and-paper roleplaying, in a diverse range of styles and systems. Over the weekend, more than 30 individual games are run, with volunteer GMs (or storytellers, narrators or facilitators) running games between one and six times over the course of the convention.

There are six rounds of gaming - each lasting 3 hours. Most games have pre-generated characters for the players to use, and some even have props, soundtracks, links to other games, or live action elements (where players act out the less dangerous parts of the story). Between rounds there’s time to chat, meet or catch up with people, and get some much needed snack food. There’s usually some snack food available on-site, and there’s always the dairy and fish-and-chip shop nearby.

If you have a favourite game that you want to play in, you can let us know in advance and we’ll try to find someone to run it - if you love Paranoia, Call of Cthulhu, D&D 3.5, or any other system, send us an email and we’ll see what we can do.

After the third round on the Saturday, there’s a LARP. A LARP is a live action roleplaying game - one where you wear a costume, and stay in character at all times. The style of LARP we have at Kapcon doesn’t use foam weapons or any complicated mechanics - it’s all about being in character, finding out what’s going on, achieving your goals and having fun. In recent years the Saturday night LARP has grown from 40 to 70 players. There is a dedicated team of writers who volunteer each year to put together the LARP, and it is due to their tireless work that it’s so much fun!

Check out the website at http://www.kapcon.rpg.net.nz.

Oh dear, this is going to get awkward. We booked in for a Wolfgang game on the 13th of March. Is there any chance you could move to the 20th? It would be awkward for us to shift to the 20th, given that we have two people flying up from Wellington to attend on the 13th already, and Tigger and I are down in Wellington on the 20th.

Sorry, that was partially my fault Zara. I thought the wolfgang’s day game was in April when I moved One Night in Heaven, but there was a date booked on the calendar for march and april.

Continued in Private Discussion.

Could you mark November 26-28th as being booked.

Thank you

[quote=“Muppet”]Could you mark November 26-28th as being booked.

Thank you[/quote]

Is this what I think it is?

[quote=“Cameron”][quote=“Muppet”]Could you mark November 26-28th as being booked.

Thank you[/quote]

Is this what I think it is?[/quote]

Maybe :smiley:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Why do people always book stuff on my Birthday weekend…

It has better be good muppet otherwise you will never hear the end of it. EVER.

You know who else will never hear the end of it?

That weekend is prime weekend larp territory, you should move your birthday :smiley:

If we ran One night in heaven on the Friday before the St. wolfgangs day game, who would be interested in coming? Would it affect your decision to come or not? and would any Wellingtonians want to attend if it was then?

I could be there and would go to both. Perhaps though this should be asked in another topic especially for it Zara, Have you actually announced the larp in a topic on diatribe?

There will be one up Monday night when details are finally sorted :smiley:

Also, have moved the question to a poll in general chat.

1st of Feb - Starwars - details to follow (thanks for putting this up)

ZombieLARP: Thirty Minutes to Midnight is slated to run Saturday September 11th 2010 from 6.30pm - Midnight.

For more info visit zombielarp.co.nz or the introduction thread here.

We are also looking for volunteers - read the introduction thread for more details.

Hi everyone,

America has a new event we are holding in a few weeks. It’s open to anyone and I thought people here might be interested in the casual gaming (both board games and roleplaying) over the weekend, and the quiz on Saturday night.

MilaCon is a casual weekend of roleplaying, board gaming and having fun. There will be all sorts of roleplaying games on offer in the mornings and afternoons. There will be heaps of board games to try out and even some MIB’s turning up to run some Munchkin and other games with promo goodies to give away. If you have a game you would love to run or have any requests, let us know. And if you offer to run/gm games there is a discount for the cost of the weekend. Ask us for details.

The weekend is $10, and if you are an America member it’s only $5.

Stick around for the evening, we will be organising a mass Hell Pizza order for delivery around 6pm.

Saturday night at 7pm there will be a Pub-styled Geeky Quiz for teams of 3. 2 is not enough and 4 is way out… The quiz will cost $15 per team and up for grabs are movie money, DnD minis, lollies and all sorts of random goodies. There will be 5 rounds of 20 questions with topics ranging from gaming, movies, literature, tv and more. Come up with a team name, and dress up to match your name and win the “Best Dressed Team” prize.

All profit from this weekend will go towards fundraising for BattleCry 2011 so come along, play some games and support our awesome event.

If you are on Facebook I’ve set up an event.
facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 … 8589619814

See you at MilaCon.

Lol Milacon?