Time for another gear rationalisation !
The Auckland gear lockup in Onehunga is very full, and it’s time to sort out the stuff we want to keep and the stuff we don’t need to store. I have added more storage by extending the top of the large shelves.
Given the lack of space at the lockup (and the vagaries of weather) the plan for the rationalisation is to target the boxes, and to use personal vehicles to move them to a nearby community hall for:
- triage of items that are for dumping
- rationalise contents to the correct boxes
- identify which boxes are best to be stored in the easy-to-access shelving system (i.e the high-use boxes)
- create an easy-to-use indexing system and print stickers to go on each box (with simple description of the contents)
- create box tags for each garment and iron tag onto the garment (if we can find a cheap source of these)
I reckon it’s 1 hour load out, 2.5 hours in the community hall, 1 hour load in.
I have booked a local community hall (Fergusson Hall in One Tree Hill), for July 10th from 2:30pm 5pm (only time available, other local halls were booked out) about 5 mins drive away.
When: 1:30pm, Sunday July 10th
Where Onehunga Self Storage, 44 Galway St, Onehunga
Hall: Fergusson Hall, 5 Olea Road, Onehunga
The plan is to return to the lockup at 5pm after we have sorted the boxes and load everything back in.