A capitol idea

I’ve heard a Hunger Games LARP has been done before, so I apologise in advance if this is just retreading old territory.

I find the victors of the games fascinating, and what I’d like to try is making a game that focuses on them instead of the children chosen by the reaping.
Either 1) setting the game during the Hunger Games while the victors, in the role of mentors, try to find sponsors and aid for the tributes,
or 2) setting the game at the end of a certain victor’s victory tour, when everyone is hobnobbing at President Snow’s mansion.

Going with 1 would make for a very tense and goal-driven game, and might require several crew members to play the tributes during televised death scenes - getting a sponsor to gift your tribute a machete means you could then watch them decapitate someone with it.

Going with 2 would make the game more focused on exploring characters and the relationships forged between victors.

What do you think?

With 1) do you have any ideas of how this is more than just speaking with npcs and players trying to convince them to give money?

1. Definitely something there. I would try and avoid using current characters though, maybe set it a few years back, maybe on the 30 hunger games?

I’m more in favor of 2 as well, although if you want to add some tension to the lives of the victors you should set it a year before a Quarter Quell, so probably after the 49th Hunger Games. You could also have a survivor from the previous Quarter Quell (the 25th Hunger Games) as well.

Unless you want characters who are alive that remember the rebellion, in which case you might set it after the 24th Hunger Games.

In either case you’ll have to avoid setting it too close to just after a Quarter Quell or you won’t have many previous victors to put into the mix of characters.

This isn’t necessarily true, the books never state what happened during the other two quarter quells but the indication is that they have all been different.

The first quarter quell had each district vote in their tributes. The second quarter quell took twice as many children from each district, and Haymitch ended up the victor.

Setting it somewhere around the 30th games is a good idea - next to nothing is known about the earlier games, except for a few of the victors. It’d also probably be before Snow became president, unless he’s been president most of his life.